Glassven Yangzhong – China
WHO WE ARE
Glassven was founded in 1978 at Barquisimeto city, Venezuela. Currently, our company counts on more than 40 years of experience in research, development, manufacture and distribution of chemical products, such as Precipitated Silicas, Synthetic Sodium Aluminum Silicates and Sodium Silicates.
Currently, we supply our products to more than one hundred countries around the world, with presence in the five continents.
Our mission is not only become another chemical manufacturer in this extensive market, but also to be the best alternative to satisfy the industry’s needs, covering all their requirements. For this reason, we have accepted the challenge of serving our customers with fastness and responsibility. It is our firm conviction that quality only can be maintained and to be improved through continuous monitoring and application of innovative ideas.
That is why all our products undergo rigorous testing in our Quality Laboratories located at each manufacturing site. In addition, we have a Central Research and Development Laboratory and a highly qualified technical team aimed to develop new products and applications according to our customers’ needs.
Our manufacturing site and Quality Management System (QMS) have been certified with ISO 9001:2015 certification, while our Food Management System (FMS) counts on ISO 22000:2005, FSSC 22000, HACCP and GMP certifications by SGS.
Our Pirosil® products meet all criteria established by the Food Chemical Codex (FCC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards. They also count on Kosher and Halal Certifications, which are renewed annually. They also count on QS Food Safety certification.
Dentsil® products meet all criteria described in the United States Pharmacopoeia/National Formulary (USP/NF) and the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) for Dental-Type Silica. In addition, the comply with the China National Standard of Silicon Dioxide for Toothpaste.
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IS THE GLASSVEN‘S STRATEGIC PRIORITY. THEREFORE, OUR MANAGEMENT POLICIES ARE ALIGNED WITH OUR CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR).
In Glassven, we assume that the success in business depends on our commitment with the environment. Therefore, we put our efforts to achieve excellent results in our operations that benefit to our shareholders as well as those who have believed in our proceedings, including employees, customers, distributors, suppliers and all the people that trust in the quality of our products to improve the quality of life.
We are ruled by principles based on values and ethics. Glassven respects people individuality and promotes its employees’ development. We believe in a multicultural world and we follow the administrative principles of handling a responsible and auditable business. We comply with the legal requirements where we operate. We also endorse the community well-being and we assume the commitment to preserve the environment.
We base our business relationships on trust, ethic and involvement between the diverse players whom contribute to the business. Our principles are as follows:
- We recognize the participation of our employees since we are conscious of the responsibility that they have with the organization’s objectives and results.
- We accept our employees’ individuality, without any kind of discrimination.
- We work along with our employees to develop and improve their knowledge, abilities and capabilities, implementing new technologies and innovating processes.
- Communications between employees and management are promoted throughout traditional procedures and consultation inside the company.
- Glassven guarantees its products’ supply adding value in terms of trust, price and quality.
- We innovate every day through the development of new products in order to satisfy customers‘ needs as well as fulfilling the existing market requirements.
- We offer direct technical assistance to all our customers and distributors in order to promote the correct use and handling of our products. Additionally, we impart training about the characteristic and applications of all our products lines in our different laboratories.
- We provide our customers and distributors with post-sales service maintaining a continuous rapport. Customers’ satisfaction is measured through annual surveys; which helps us to improve our processes and market position.
Glassven bases its business relationships on ethical principles of international scope with its suppliers, customers, distributors and all those involved commercially.
Relations with the community
In Glassven, we have learned that to participate in the development of the countries, we must incorporate at the organization the different actors whom determine the business success, beginning with our employees’ participation and maintaining labor policies which goes beyond the principles of social justice.
We have as commitment to contribute with the continuous improvement of the communities in which our employees are developed, because we are convinced that family welfare is a motivator that creates win-to-win relationships. In this sense, our efforts are focused on education and training of family’s values and work’s principals as a strategic focus of our corporate platform.
THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTS A KEY PART INTO THE ORGANIZATION. THEREFORE, ECONOMICAL, ECOLOGICAL AND SOCIAL ASPECTS HAVE EQUAL IMPORTANCE DURING THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS.
Our interests include promoting the socio-economic well-being and safety of our employees and their families, our clients and the community in which we work; as well as the protection of the environment because we care about the quality of life of present and future generations.
It is a Glassven policy to follow the guidelines established in the internal regulations, health standards and established safety and environment laws. We are commitment to offer a safe and healthy work environment.
In addition, we ensure that our products are processed and handled following safe and responsible working practices, which comply with the local, national and international regulations.
- To research constantly how to improve our processes, reduce waste generation and save energy. For this reason, the environmental aspects and associated impacts are tenaciously evaluated in our plants.
- To supply products that can be manufactured, transported, handled, used and disposed safely.
- To consider environmental issues in the decision-making process.
- To identify how our operations affect the communities around our workplace.
- To comply with the international, national and local laws and rules as well as industrial standards.
- To comply with all environmental legislation and regulations that are applicable to our processes, implementing the appropriate programs, procedures and systems.
- To promote our employees’ health and safety.
- To provide our employees with continuous training on occupational safety.
- Our Company is committed to identify and to inform about the occupational risks present in our processes, in order to ensure that safe practices and procedures are carried out by our employees, suppliers and visitors.
It is Glassven's policy is to satisfy the requirements of our customers and to improve the efficiency of our quality management system in the design, manufacture and commercialization of silicas, silicates and derivative products.
Glassven's General Management is committed to promote continuous improvement activities and to support, watching over and allocating the necessary resources to comply with the Quality Policy and Objectives.
Our Quality Objectives are as follows
● To satisfy the market’s needs.
● To develop the best human resource in an environment of participation, motivation and safety.
● To integrate our suppliers in our quality management system.
● To optimize the productivity of our processes.
● To Interact harmoniously with the community and the environment.
● To maintain and continuously improve our quality management system.